The streamnik server is an IPTV server based on the open codecs Ogg/Vorbis and Ogg/Theora. It can stream a lot of different channels and is optimized to run on leased (virtual) servers. The program schedule is defined by an SQL database table and can be changed at runtime.
The Streamnik Server offers the following features
- A lean but powerfull base server to stream ogg files.
- A scheduling unit, which creates a sequence of videos for every channel.
- A forwarding unit, which receives live streams and delivers these streams to the users.
- An on demand unit, which delivers videos on request.
- A ticket system to limit the stream access by a possible ticket in the url.
If you want to know more about the development progress, visit the Server Development Progress page.